Extra Easy - 1 syn
150ml long grain rice (measured in a measuring jug)
300ml hot vegetable or chicken stock
2 cod fillets
1 tbsp mango chutney
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 red pepper, cut into small chunks
Handful of frozen peas
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp medium curry powder
Finely grated zest of half a lemon
50g spinach (fresh or frozen)
Fat free Natural Yoghurt or 0% Greek Yoghurt (optional)
Lemon wedges (optional)
1. Put the rice and the stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and put a lid on the pan. Leave until the stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
2. Spread the mango chutney onto the top of each cod fillet and sprinkle over the cumin seeds and chilli flakes and season with black pepper. Place onto a foil lined tray sprayed with frylight and place under a medium-hot grill for 10 minutes or until the cod has cooked through.
3. Meanwhile fry the onions and peppers in a frying pan sprayed with frylight until soft. Add the garlic, peas, turmeric, curry powder and lemon zest and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add the cooked rice and the spinach to the pan, season, and mix well until the spinach has wilted (if using frozen spinach place in the microwave for 2 minutes and drain off any excess liquid before adding it to the pan).
5. Serve the cod on top of the rice and dollop on a tbsp of the natural yoghurt. Serve with the lemon wedges.